Friday 17 February 2017

'The Great Wall' Premiere: Matt Damon "Jumped" at the Chance to Work With Zhang Yimou 



Damon, Yimou as well as co-stars Jing Tian, Willem Dafoe and Pedro Pascal walked the black carpet Wednesday night at the Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood.

“[Zhang Yimou] is one of my favorite directors," Matt Damon told The Hollywood Reporter at the premiere of The Great Wall. Damon, the star of Yimou's fantasy monster movie, has long wanted to work with the legendary Chinese auteur (director of Hero, House of the Flying Daggers and the creative force behind the epic 2008 Beijing Olympics opening ceremony). "He works almost exclusively in China so I didn’t know if I would ever get a chance to work with him. So when this opportunity came up, I just jumped on it,” he said. 

Speaking through a translator, Yimou said he knew the film would be “complicated” but Damon’s respect for the Chinese culture and people made the process easier. “[Damon] said he came because of me. Well, I accepted the project because of him,” Yimou added.....

Read more on The Hollywood Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment