Monday 13 January 2020

Critics' Choice Awards: Eddie Murphy Reflects on Varied Career While Accepting Lifetime Achievement Award


Kevin Winter/Getty Images for Critics Choice Association



The 'Dolemite Is My Name' actor received a standing ovation upon taking the stage.

Eddie Murphy looked back at his nearly 40 years of being an actor while accepting the lifetime achievement award at the 2020 Critics' Choice Awards on Sunday night. 
"Being able to make a living as an actor is a privilege and a blessing. And to make a living making people laugh, there's no higher — you're the luckiest person on Earth to be able to do that," Murphy said. "And I've gotten to do so many different types of things. I've played everything. I've been a cop and a robber and a doctor and a professor. And different ethnicities. I've been animals; I've been a donkey. I even played a spaceship once!"
Murphy warranted a couple of bleeps (and as a result, laughs from the audience) throughout the speech, but wrapped things up by calling the award "perfectly timed."......

No comments:

Post a Comment